The Heart Valve is common issue with the valves that keep your blood flowing is known as heart valve disease. When a heart valve isn’t function properly, medications can help with the blood flow issues, but sometimes that’s not enough. If your valve has need to be fixed or replaced, the heart doctor in Indore Dr. Rakesh Jain can let you know.
What is Heart Valve Disease?
Heart valve problems can make the heart work harder if it is not treated. The quality of life may be negatively impacted, and it can even harm your life too. The heart doctor in Indore may be able to replace or repair the heart valves by surgery or minimally invasive treatment in many circumstances and return to normal function, and also enable you to resume your normal activities.
The heart has four valves that ensure that blood only flows through in one direction. The valves in your heart are:
- Mitral (between your left atrium and left ventricle)
- Tricuspid (between your right atrium and right ventricle)
- Aortic (between your left ventricle and aorta)
- Pulmonary (between your right ventricle and pulmonary artery)
Signs and Symptoms of Heart Valve Disease – Heart Doctor in Indore
Some persons with heart valve diseases may go years without showing any symptoms. But as per the heart doctor in Indore when they appear, signs and symptoms may include:
- Chest pain
- Stomach bloating (more common with advanced tricuspid regurgitation)
- Breathlessness, especially when sleeping or moving around
- Your ankles and feet swelling
- Abnormal heartbeat
Causes of Heart Valve Disease – Heart Doctor in Indore
The mitral, tricuspid, pulmonary, and aortic valves are the four heart valves that maintain proper blood flow. Leaflets (flaps) on each valve alternately open and close once each heartbeat. Blood flow from your heart to your body is hampered if one or more of the valves don’t open or seal correctly.
Heart valve problems may already exist before birth (congenital). Adults may also experience it for a variety of reasons, including infections and other heart issues.
Types of Heart Valve Disease – Heart Doctor in Indore
There are many types of diseases that occur because of the heart valve but the most common disease of the heart valve are: –
- Regurgitation: – As per the heart doctor in Indore Blood leaks backward in the heart because the valve flaps don’t seal properly. Prolapse, a condition where valve flaps bulge back, is the main cause of Heart Valve Disease.
- Stenosis: – The valve flaps might fuse together and get thick or rigid. As a result, the valve opening is lowered, and less blood flows through the valve.
- Atresia: – Blood flow between the heart chambers is obstructed by a solid sheet of tissue because the valve isn’t developed.
Risk Factors For Heart Valve Disease – Heart Doctor in Indore
The risk of heart valve disease may be impacted by a number of factors, including:
- Older Age.
- Heart diseases or heart attacks in the past.
- If you have a history of other heart diseases.
- Diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and other risk factors for heart disease.
- Problems of the heart during birth (congenital heart disease).
Complications of Heart Valve Disease – Heart Doctor in Indore
Heart valve disease can result in a number of consequences, such as:
- Heart attack.
- Clots of blood.
- Irregularities in the heart’s rhythm.